When you experience a heart attack or a vascular condition, you want quick, expert, award-winning care. At O’Connor Hospital, our surgeons and physicians have decades of experience and keep up to date on the latest treatment techniques and technologies.
We have always been leaders in the field of cardiac and vascular care. O’Connor was one of the first facilities to provide open heart surgery in the Santa Clara Valley. Additionally, our vascular surgeons were involved in developing aortic aneurysm stent graft technology. We were one of the first hospitals in the country to offer this advanced procedure.
At O’Connor, you also benefit from:
- Award-winning care: O’Connor is designated a Blue Cross and Blue Shield Blue Distinction® Center for Cardiac Care.
- Strong expertise in heart and vascular surgeries: O’Connor’s cardiac and vascular surgeons have extensive expertise in treating all types of heart and vascular conditions. That means they’re able to choose the right treatment for each patient, whether it’s noninvasive, minimally invasive or conventional surgery, to ensure the best outcome.
- The most advanced treatment options: We are early adopters of technology and offer the newest procedures that minimize overnight hospital stays and post-operative restrictions. We have a hybrid operating room, which can quickly switch from supporting a minimally invasive procedure to open surgery or a combination of both.
- Evaluation in our catheterization and electrophysiology labs: These labs use the most innovative technology available such as atherectomy (plaque removal procedure) to diagnose and treat a variety of cardiac and vascular conditions.
- A dedicated cardiac rehabilitation facility: O’Connor is one of few area hospitals to offer a dedicated comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation facility. In our facility, rehab specialists help you make healthy lifestyle changes and return to your active life after a cardiac event.
CARDIAC CARE AT O’CONNOR
We offer a high-level, compassionate continuum of care focused on patient safety and excellent outcomes. This care starts from the moment you enter our emergency department with chest pain and carries through all the way to our cardiac rehabilitation program. Our team of expert surgeons and cardiologists concentrate on best treatment, prevention and rehabilitation.
We use advanced diagnostic and treatment options through our cardiac catheterization labs, electrophysiology lab and dedicated cardiac operating suites. Our specialty-trained cardiac surgeons have expertise in both minimally invasive and open heart surgeries. This expertise enables our team to make the best and safest treatment choice for you. Learn more about cardiac care.
VASCULAR CARE AT O’CONNOR
Our team of vascular surgeons is board certified specifically in vascular care. As one of the only teams of board-certified vascular surgeons in the region, our surgeons have the expertise to treat all types of vascular disease, whether they require endovascular (minimally invasive) procedures, open surgery or both.
Our advanced diagnostic and treatment technology includes:
- Hybrid operating room: This room can accommodate both endovascular and open surgery and allows the surgeons to switch easily between the two if necessary.
- Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS): This minimally invasive imaging device provides a 3-D view of blood vessels without radiation or contrast dye.
- Atherectomy: We use this advanced technique in our catheterization lab to remove plaque from inside arteries.
Additionally, in our dedicated wound care clinic, our vascular surgeons provide care for non-healing wounds, such as venous ulcers and diabetic ulcers. These wounds are common among patients with vascular disease. Learn more about vascular care.
Call (408) 947-2542 for appointment or info. Our hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.