At O’Connor Hospital, our vascular surgeons have vast experience in treating all types of vascular conditions and the health issues that often accompany them. In fact, our vascular surgeons were involved in developing innovative graft technology, making ours one of the first hospitals to offer this procedure.
Our specialists are board certified specifically in vascular surgery. This expertise means we provide an individualized approach to care with your best outcome in mind.
In addition to specialty-trained surgeons and personalized care at O’Connor, you also receive:
- The most advanced treatment technology: We are one of the only hospitals in the area to use a hybrid operating room. This specially designed room allows our surgeons to perform either minimally invasive or open surgery procedures or to easily switch between the two.
- Expert care from technology leaders: Our vascular surgeons were involved in developing aortic aneurysm stent graft technology, making us one of the first hospitals in the country to offer this advanced and innovative procedure. This stent graft technology helps strengthen weak aortas with a metal stent support.
- The most advanced diagnosis capabilities: Our surgeons use an intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) for a 3-D view of your blood vessels. This imaging device is important for both diagnosis and treatment of vascular disease.
- Skilled surgical expertise: Our surgeons are equally adept at performing endovascular (minimally invasive) procedures and open surgery procedures. Because of this expertise, you receive the best care for your condition.
- Access to our expert wound care clinic: A large number of vascular patients have conditions such as venous ulcers and ulcers due to arterial insufficiency that require wound care. Our vascular surgeons work closely with other specialists such as infection disease experts and podiatrists from our wound care clinic to help you avoid infection and heal quickly.
EXPERT COORDINATED CARE
Vascular health is a team effort. Vascular patients often require additional expert care in the hospital to aid in recovery and address accompanying health conditions.
Our team includes:
- Vascular surgeons
- Interventional radiologists
- Internal medicine physicians
- Infectious disease specialists
- Physical therapists
VASCULAR CONDITIONS WE TREAT
We diagnose and treat the vast majority of vascular conditions.
These conditions include:
- Peripheral vascular disease causing leg pain or non-healing wounds
- Carotid artery disease causing strokes
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Renal artery disease
- Venous insufficiency
- Deep venous thrombosis (DVT): Blood clots
- Iliac vein compression: Leg swelling
- Venous ulcers
- Renal artery disease
- Renal failure plus dialysis access
DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
Our vascular surgeons use the most advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies. Accurate diagnosis is key to the best treatment option and outcome. Our vast experience enables us to perform both endovascular and open heart procedures, depending on what’s best for your condition. Learn more about diagnosis and treatment.
Noninvasive treatments include:
- Balloon angioplasty and stenting
- Abdominal aortic stent grafts and carotid stents
Open vascular procedures include:
- Bypasses with vein and synthetic grafts
- Open repairs of aneurysms
- Carotid artery repairs