O’Connor Hospital offers a comprehensive Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program to support patients recovering from heart and lung procedures and diseases and to prevent future problems. This outpatient program involves a multidisciplinary team of professionals providing a broad range of supervised exercise therapy, education classes and psychosocial intervention to help patients with heart and lung conditions live healthier lives.
Features of our cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program include:
- Convenience: We offer a professional cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program conveniently located on the first floor of the O’Connor Hospital campus.
- Expert team: Our cardiopulmonary rehabilitation specialists are experienced in working with patients who have lung and heart conditions.
- Compassionate care: We consistently receive excellent feedback from patients for our compassionate care. We pride ourselves on personalizing treatment to each patient.
BENEFITS OF CARDIOPULMONARY REHABILITATION
A Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program can help:
- Strengthen and condition the heart and lungs
- Control weight and lower total cholesterol levels through good nutrition and physical activity
- Understand medications, the signs and symptoms of heart and lung disease, and when to seek medical attention
- Increase self-confidence
- Promote developments of a healthier lifestyle
- Reduce symptoms and chances of experiencing another cardiac event
- Develop breathing techniques and manage shortness of breath episodes
- Return to work and activities of daily living more quickly
- Develop coping, and stress reduction skills, and relaxation techniques
Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation may be recommended or prescribed by physicians if patients have had cardiac or pulmonary conditions or procedures such as:
|Heart Valves repair/replacement||Chronic Bronchitis|
|Myocardial Infarct||Pulmonary Hypertension|
|Chronic Heart Failure||Pulmonary Fibrosis|
|Coronary artery disease||Interstitial Lung disease|
|Patients with ventricular assist devices||Lung transplant|
Monday – Friday, 7 AM – 3:30 PM
Closed weekends and holidays.
To refer a patient or to learn more about the cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program, please contact:
2105 Forest Avenue
San Jose, CA 95128