Our medical social workers help patients and their families understand a particular illness and work through the emotions brought up by a diagnosis. We also help address and resolve the social, financial, and psychological problems related to health conditions.
The social workers at O’Connor Hospital provide support for patients of all ages. As part of that comprehensive support, our social workers help sensitize physicians, nurses, and other health professionals to the social and emotional aspects of a patient’s illness.
Our social workers perform a psychosocial and socioeconomic needs assessment. Based on the assessments, they provide resource referrals to smooth the transition to care at home and within the community.
Areas of support and resources include help with:
- Insurance eligibility programs
- Information and assistance with advance health care directives
- Long-term care needs
- End-of-life care, palliative and hospice information and referrals
- Housing and respite care
- Referrals and support to continue clinical self-management
- Referrals to primary care resources
To learn more about how we can help you throughout your care journey, or to schedule an appointment, call (408) 947-5016.
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM