Patient Access Financial Counseling
The Patient Access Financial Counseling’s (PAFC) mission is to serve the sick and poor by improving access to health care and providing social services in a holistic approach to promote health and wellness.
ABOUT THE PAFC AT O’CONNOR HOSPITAL
The PAFC is a one-stop information and referral service center that links families to affordable government-sponsored health benefits and social services.
All services provided by the PAFC are free, regardless of immigration status or income. The PAFC has bilingual enrollment specialists who are happy to assist patients to ensure that they receive the essential resources available to them.
PAFC provides assistance for patients who may experience any type of difficulty related to their enrollment and/or access to their benefits. The center performs ongoing outreach to educate patients about benefits and safeguards that come with participation in government-sponsored programs.
The principle objectives of the counseling are to assist patients with:
- Access to affordable healthcare by providing information and application assistance.
- Outreach and education about programs and services.
- Case management
- Support services for patients and their families
- Referral services for staff and affiliated physicians
Programs and services include:
- Medi-Cal: Free, low-cost health, dental and vision coverage for eligible qualifying families
- Medi-Cal Access Program (formally known as Access for Infants and Mothers (AIM)): A low-cost health coverage for pregnant women who are not eligible for Medi-Cal.
- Kaiser Permantente Child Health Program: A free or low-cost health insurance coverage for children from birth up to age 18 who are not eligible for Healthy Families or full coverage Medi-Cal
- CalFresh Food Stamp Program: A nutritional food stamps program for low-income households.
- Community/Support Services and Referrals: Free assistance in finding family support services, educational classes, and much more.
- Covered California: Certified enrollment counselors to provide assistance with enrollment in the Covered California program.
2105 Forest Avenue,
San Jose, CA 95128
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM to 5 PM
Appointments available, (walk-ins welcome); services in English, Spanish and Vietnamese.