If you would like to find a patient in the hospital, please call the Hospital Operator at (408) 947-2500. Listen for the direction to ask for the Operator (or push "O") and they will be able to connect you to the patient's room or give you the room number.
O’Connor Hospital recognizes the importance of contact with family members and friends for the mental and physical wellbeing of patients. O’Connor Hospital does not restrict visitors based on race, color, gender, national origin, disability, age, religion, marital status, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected classification.
Under the law, every patient has the right, subject to his or her consent, to receive the visitors whom he or she designates including, but not limited to, a spouse, domestic partner (including a same-sex domestic partner), another family member, or a friend, and his or her right to deny such consent at any time. For the purpose of visitation, family includes any person who plays a significant role in an individual's life, regardless of gender, and even if not legally related to the individual. All visitors enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences. Patients or their surrogates must be informed of these rights.
- General visiting hours are from 9:00am to 8:00pm daily subject to the Visiting Guidelines noted below.
- Patients may designate one or two individuals at a time to remain in the room with the patient outside of general visiting hours subject to the Visiting Guidelines noted below. Additional visitors may be granted for critically ill, comfort care patients and labor and delivery with the approval of the unit manager or designee and subject to the Visiting Guidelines noted below.
- Patients and their surrogates are informed of this policy at the time of admission.
- Patients who are cognitively impaired or lack capacity and have no surrogate must have their visiting wishes considered.
- Patients may withdraw their consent to visitor(s) at any time.
GENERAL VISITING GUIDELINES
In order to ensure that all patients enjoy visitors in a safe and secure environment, the following guidelines must be enforced. Visitation may be limited for failure to comply with the guidelines noted below, and for any other reason that may present a safety or security risk to patients or others. Staff should notify their manager or supervisor for assistance in enforcing these guidelines.
- Visiting may be restricted due to patient's need for privacy or rest.
- Visitors are not allowed to take pictures, video, or audiotape in patient care areas, in compliance with O’Connor Hospital’s policy.
- Visiting may be restricted due to need for privacy or rest by another individual in the patient's shared room.
- Visiting may be restricted if there is a health, safety or infection risk to patient, visitor or others.
- Visiting may be restricted as needed because of a pandemic or infectious disease outbreak.
- Staff may impose reasonable limitations on the number of visitors at any one time consistent with the guidelines of this policy, space limitations, safety and security, and needs of the patient.
- Visitors with cough, cold or respiratory symptoms will be instructed to wear a mask. Visitors who refuse to wear a mask or who have a rash or cold/respiratory symptoms may be restricted from visiting the patient.
- Visitors are expected to comply with instructions given by the staff about Personal Protective Equipment needed when entering/in the patient room.
- Visitors may not engage in behavior presenting a risk or threat to the patient, hospital staff, or others in the immediate environment.
- Visitors may not engage in behavior that disrupts the functioning of the patient care unit or treatment area.
- Visitors must comply with visitor security procedures established by O’Connor Hospital Administration.
- Visitors may not engage in behavior that creates a messy or unclean environment.
- Large family gatherings may be restricted for safety and security reasons.
- Visiting may be restricted if there are any substance abuse treatment protocols or other treatment protocols requiring restricted visitation.
- Visitors may not congregate in corridors or other non-established waiting areas. Visitors in waiting areas in excess of that allowed by Fire Marshall must remain on the first floor of the hospital.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the O’Connor Hospital campus.
- Visitors must not sit or recline on patient beds.
- O’Connor Hospital staff may inquire about visitors' recent exposures and travel, as indicated by Infection Prevention staff. Visitors who may pose a health or safety risk to patient may not be allowed to visit.
- Visiting may be limited if there are applicable court orders limiting or restraining contact with patient or others.
- Staff may limit items that are brought into patient's room for clinical or security reasons.
Long-term parking is available behind the hospital.
Short-term parking is available in front of the hospital.