Our subacute care program provides highly skilled medical, nursing and rehabilitative care in a non-acute care setting for patients with complex medical needs.
SUBACUTE CARE SERVICES WE PROVIDE
Patient care services typically includes:
- Respiratory support, including ventilator dependency
- Tracheostomies, surgical insertion into your windpipe for a breathing tube
- Feeding tubes
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech pathology
- Sensory stimulation
- Complex wound care. Learn about our wound care clinic.
- Intravenous therapy, an infusion of medication or liquid dripped into your vein for fast absorption into your bloodstream
PATIENT MEDICAL ISSUES
Patients in this unit typically have one or more of the following medical issues:
- Multiple trauma, including head or spinal cord injury
- Degenerative diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and respiratory failure
- Vascular disease, such as cerebrovascular accidents and aneurysms
- Neurological disease, such as brain tumors or spinal tumors