Spine, back and joint pain can take its toll – physically, mentally and emotionally.
At O’Connor Hospital, experienced surgeons perform advanced procedures that can reduce or eliminate pain so you can return to an active lifestyle—with the additional benefit of minimal recovery time. Our personalized, expert care starts from the moment you walk through our door to the time you settle in your home.
At O’Connor Orthopedics and Spine, you receive:
- Award-winning care: We were the first hospital in Northern California to earn the Center of Excellence designation from the Joint Commission for a hip and knee replacement program. To this day, O’Connor is the only hospital in San Jose to have earned this honor, which we’ve held for the past 6 years. We are also a Blue Cross and Blue Shield Blue Distinction® Center for Cardiac Care.
- Advanced treatments: Our highly skilled and specialty-trained surgeons use leading-edge technology to perform the latest minimally invasive surgeries. These less invasive procedures mean a shorter hospital stay, quicker recovery and less pain.
- A team of experts: Our dedicated, skilled staff includes orthopedic surgeons, neurologists, pain management physicians, physical and occupational therapists and orthopedic nurses.
- Dedicated physical and occupational therapy: Our rehabilitation team works in a specially designed gym to help patients regain full mobility and strength.
JOINT REPLACEMENT AT O’CONNOR
Our designation as a Center of Excellence and Blue Distinction Center means low complication rates and excellent outcomes for our patients. We offer joint replacement education classes, led by an orthopedic nurse. Knowing what to expect before, during and after a joint replacement procedure greatly improves your experience and recovery. Learn more about joint replacement .
We treat a variety of arthritis and joint conditions, which include:
- Posttraumatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- End-stage joint disease
- Avascular necrosis, the death of bone tissue due to loss of blood supply
- Hip fractures
Our orthopedic surgeons use minimally invasive techniques (surgery with small incisions) to perform these treatments:
- Anterior approach for hip replacement, an innovative technique with quicker recovery time and fewer post-operative restrictions
- Total knee, hip or shoulder replacement
- Partial knee, hip or shoulder replacement
SPINE CENTER AT O’CONNOR
We combine medical expertise and the most advanced treatment and technology to reduce back pain and improve spine function and mobility. We are one of the only facilities in the area to perform minimally invasive lateral lumbar spine fusion. This treatment enables surgeons to enter the spinal area from the side, avoiding large back muscles and reducing the risk of muscle and soft tissue damage. Learn more about our spine center .
Conditions we treat include:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Low back and neck pain
- Spondylolisthesis, a condition where a bone in your back slides forward
- Spine deformities, including scoliosis (curved spine) and kyphosis (hunchback)
- Spine fractures
- Spinal stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal canal in the neck and back
Back and spine treatments include:
- Minimally invasive lumbar decompression
- Minimally invasive lateral lumbar spine fusion
- Artificial cervical and lumbar disc replacement
- Minimally invasive spinal fusion
- Microsurgical decompression of the spinal canal and nerve roots
- Herniated disc repair
- Disc protrusion removal
- Total disc replacement
- Bracing, splints and traction