Our specially trained radiologists and physicians use the most advanced imaging devices to detect diseases at their earliest stages.
Imaging Services at O’Connor Hospital
Getting an X-ray, ultrasound or other medical imaging can be intimidating. At O’Connor Hospital, our expert team of imaging specialists is dedicated to making you feel safe and comfortable throughout the entire imaging process.
We are equipped with the latest medical imaging technology. Our team of specialty-trained and board-certified radiologists, physicians and registered nurses performs your imaging procedures.
Our services include:
- Computerized tomography (CT): This device produces cross-sectional images of your organs, bones, soft tissues and blood vessels.
- Fluoroscopy: This imaging procedure captures your internal organs in motion. An X-ray beam passes through your body and transmits a continuous image to a monitor.
- Digital mammography: A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast. Digital mammography stores this image on a computer. It provides more detailed images to detect breast cancer than conventional film mammograms for women with dense breast tissue.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): This device uses powerful magnets and radio waves to produce images of your internal organs and tissue. Because it does not use radiation, it is safe for pregnant women.
- Ultrasound: An ultrasound is also a safe procedure for pregnant women. We often use an ultrasound to view a growing fetus. Also known as sonography, this procedure uses high-frequency radio waves to transmit images of the inside of your body.