Joint pain can develop after an injury, arthritis, or due to years of wear and tear. It can make getting around challenging and uncomfortable. Our highly trained orthopedic surgeons at O’Connor Hospital have extensive experience in hip, knee and shoulder replacement surgery. We can help reduce or even eliminate pain and help you return to an active lifestyle. At O’Connor, you receive:
- Award-winning care: We are the only hospital in San Jose to earn The Joint Commission’s Center of Excellence designation for our hip and knee replacement program, which we’ve held for the past 6 years. Our joint replacement program has also been selected as a Blue Distinction Center for 4 years in a row.
- Excellent outcomes: Our designations as a Center of Excellence and Blue Distinction® Center translate into proven, high-quality care, low complication rates, shorter hospital stays and excellent outcomes for our patients.
- Leading-edge treatment: We are one of a few hospitals in the area to perform an anterior approach for hip replacement surgery. This innovative procedure has fewer post-operative restrictions than other hip replacement methods and is ideal for younger, active patients.
- A dedicated team of experts: Our team of board-certified physicians and specially trained experts includes:
- Orthopedic nurses
- Physical therapists
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Case managers
- Personalized treatment: From your first office visit through diagnosis and treatment, our expert medical team provides a personalized and comprehensive approach to care, with your best possible outcome in mind. For example, a trained orthopedic nurse will walk you through your joint replacement experience before surgery, so you know exactly what to expect.
ORTHOPEDIC AND JOINT CONDITIONS WE TREAT
Our orthopedic specialists treat all types of arthritis and joint disease, which include:
- Posttraumatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- End-stage joint disease
- Avascular necrosis
- Hip fractures
DIAGNOSING ORTHOPEDIC AND JOINT PAIN
If you have been experiencing joint pain, stiffness or swelling, our physicians perform a thorough exam to diagnose your condition and determine the best treatment option. Learn more about diagnosis and treatment.
Our comprehensive exam includes:
- Medical and family history
- Physical exam
- Imaging tests such as an X-ray, ultrasound or MRI
MINIMALLY INVASIVE TREATMENT
Our highly trained orthopedic surgeons perform minimally invasive procedures on all hip and knee replacement patients. Minimally invasive methods mean shorter hospital stays and quicker recovery. Our surgeons customize each treatment to match your lifestyle and health condition. Find out more about diagnosis and treatment.
Our leading-edge treatment options include:
- Anterior approach for hip replacement
- Total knee, hip or shoulder replacement
- Partial knee, hip or shoulder replacement