Known for quality, compassionate care, O’Connor Hospital is a nationally recognized, 358-bed acute care facility offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty programs to more than 1 million residents of San Jose. O’Connor Hospital was founded in 1889 as one of the first hospitals in Santa Clara County. Whether for the birth of a baby or a life-saving surgery, our reputation for medical excellence, superior skill and advanced technology precedes us.
The County of Santa Clara owns and operates a Hospitals and Clinics Delivery System that includes Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, O’Connor Hospital, and St. Louise Regional Hospital. The hospitals and clinics are operated by the County under a consolidated license from the California Department of Public Health. The Hospitals and Clinics Delivery System is part of the broader County of Santa Clara Health System.
Our Recent Awards and Recognition
- The Joint Commission Hospital National Quality Approval and Accreditation
- The Joint Commission “Centers of Excellence” for Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Wound Care and Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- The Joint Commission Certification as a Chest Pain Center
- Commission on Cancer® of the American College of Surgeons - Accreditation of Cancer Care Program
- Designated Blue Distinction® Center for Knee Hip Replacement Programs from Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Designated Blue Distinction® Center for Cardiac Care from Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and Target: Stroke Honor Roll-Elite Plus
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society Certification of Wound Care Clinic/Hyperbaric Department
- Level III Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation accreditation for cardiac rehabilitation program
- 2020 PRC Excellence in
Healthcare Award - Emergency Department 4-Star Overall Quality of Care
Our team of dedicated employees, physicians, and volunteers works hard every day to meet our mission to put patients first in everything we do. Participating in food and clothing drives and community events throughout the year, O’Connor takes pride in caring for our community. We know that higher levels of employee engagement come from compassionate leadership, so we strive to be authentic, present, hold everyone accountable, lead with integrity, and show empathy every day in our workplace. We encourage a fun work environment that celebrates achievements and supports one another, with patient care as our number one priority. Our patients often mention they feel like family at O’Connor and that is what keeps them coming back.
- Provide excellent and compassionate care in a respectful manner to everyone.
- Demonstrate integrity by being open, honest, reliable, and dedicated to our mission.
- Respect the individuals we work with, the people we serve, and the communities of Santa Clara County.
- Value learning and strive for continual improvement based on what we learn, individually and as an organization.
- Are accountable for our performance, decisions, and actions.
- Strive for excellence in all we do.